Monday, March 5, 2007

Gunung Stong
Day 1

Iris and her private train seat.

Most of us used the backpacks provided by the school. Ugly shit, but you dun have to bother too much about them getting dirty.. and it works anyway. I affixed a DIY adidas logo on the front flap for easy recognition among all the ugly bags. Hooked up a strap to the cumbersome tarpauline that I was assigned to carry. Smart.

Met the whole lot at the Woodlands Sheng Shiong supermart, the traditional groceries shopping point before most Malaysian trips. The rain dampened our mood somewhat. From there we crossed immigrations, took 170 to Johor Bahru then walked to the nearby train station. First time I’m taking a proper train, the choo choo kind. Omg omg..

Old man at the platform which we invaded.

Inside the JB train station.







Ang moh kid caught me snapping.

And his annoyed looking sister.

She looks like Ben Stiller in Zoolander.



First time i see a real train in front of me, like I was living out a scene from Tickets which I caught not too long ago.

Tickets was good.

Voyeurism from outside.

Now this really reminds me of a typical film scene.

The journey took about 11 hours each way.

Our group took Cabin 1 which was at the end of the train. Right beside my bed was this door which you can open and jump straight down onto the tracks and die. Or not die but lay dying among piles of splattered shit and piss coz that's where the toilet waste ends up.

"Keep the door closed". yeah that's right.

Iris and Yanqing at the train cafeteria at the other end.

Weisiong got hooked on their Roti Bakar.

Everyone got excited coz i ordered Tongkat Ali. It's like they were the ones drinking the aphrodisiac instead. It's just milky coffee. And I swear it did nothing to my libido that night.


The empty aisle of our cabin after we finally decided to sleep. We were travelling on sleepers on the ride to Dabong, and sitters on the trip back. We played cards for a while and really made hell of a racket on the train which i felt went kinda overboard. It was a night train afterall and there were people trying to sleep. A pair of chinese teens who got the unfortunate beds next to ours couldn't take it and left for some other cabins. I do feel apologetic. and i lost rm$6 on cards. damn.

No comments: